Blogging about my crocheting, scrapbooking or any other thing that comes to mind.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Flower Granny Square

I used to look at all the yummy yarns when I went to Joann's or Hobby Lobby and always longed to know how to crochet. Well, now that I know how to crochet, I can't get enough. It's like an addiction. I'm always looking for a project to do so that I can go buy more yarn! HA!

I came across a pattern for a Flower Granny Square and knew immediately that the family room needed an afghan made up of these squares. I loved the pattern so much, that I made one for my Sisters Crocheted and Knitted in Christ swap partner. Here is her Flower Granny Square:

DSC04160

The pattern was pretty easy at first but then, I reached round 5. I had no clue what I was doing wrong but I was getting a star instead of a square and I was following the pattern like it was written. I spent a while trying to figure it out, being seeing how I'm a newbie at crocheting, I couldn't figure it out. So I contacted another SCKC sister, Carmen, and she helped me out. Here are the revisions she made to the pattern:

2 row: ch3, 1 dc in same stitch as ch 3, ch3, * 2 dc, ch 3* 7 times more (8 dc groups), Join with a sl st in top of ch-3.

5 row: ch 3, dc in next st, sc in next 7 sts, dc in next 2 sts, (1 tr, ch 3, 1 tr) in next st, dc in next 2 sts, sc in next 7 sts, dc in next 2 sts, (1 tr, ch 3, 1 tr) in next st, Repeat from * to * around, Join with a sl st to top of ch-3.

Once Carmen told me those steps, the square works up like a dream!!

0 comments: