Blogging about my crocheting, scrapbooking or any other thing that comes to mind.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer 2013

This past Wednesday, Emily had her last day of second grade and began her summer break. Although she was glad for summer, she hated to leave her teacher. We had an awesome teacher this year! All of the teachers at our school are great but this one is exceptional. Anyhow, to keep the summer from getting too boring (and driving me crazy), I have made up a daily schedule for M-F to keep things moving along. Here it is:

7:00 - 8:00am Breakfast
8:00 - 9:00am TV Time
 9:00 - 10:30am Arts & Crafts
10:30 - 12:00pm Annalynn nap/Emily free time
12:00 - 1:00pm Lunch
1:00 - 2:00pm Reading/Learning time
2:00 - 3:00pm Chores
3:00 - 4:30pm Free time
4:30 - 5:00pm Clean up for dinner/TV Time

The arts & crafts slot also includes trips to the park, strawberry picking, nature trail, etc. I decided to do that early in the day before the sun really kicks in for the day. I do have some day trips planned so this schedule won't apply.

Yesterday we went on a nature hike and had a scavenger hunt. Emily found everything on her list. We also stopped by the creek and dipped our feet in.

Today, we went strawberry picking and then headed to the zoo. It was a beautiful day with little humidity. Tonight we are heading downtown to listen to the symphony's annual summer concert. Again, the weather is going to be great!

Tomorrow morning, we are going to go strawberry picking again and take in a minor league baseball game with my sister and her family. Busy weekend!! And that's just the tip of the iceberg. But of course, I will always get in my crochet time! Guess that will be during Annalynn's nap time and free time. Just like the girls, I too will have my chores. =)

0 comments: